Juve need hangover cure

[复制链接]
  • TA的每日心情
    郁闷
    2015-6-2 09:23
  • 签到天数: 11 天

[LV.3]偶尔看看II

发表于 2006-4-1 02:29:23 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
    <>Juventus must shake off their European hangover when they face bottom club Treviso on Saturday if they are not to lose their grip on the Italian title.

Seemingly unstoppable in Serie A, the Old Lady was brought to her knees in the Champions League at Highbury on Tuesday, where they suffered a 2-0 defeat to Arsenal in the first leg of their quarterfinal.
    <p>The result has left Juve with a mountain to climb in the second leg next Wednesday, and could have a knock-on effect on their league form for the remaining seven games of the season.
    <p>Despite their 1-1 draw with Roma last week, Juve still have an eight point cushion at the top of the table, and few would bet against them landing a 29th Scudetto.
    <p>But although the reigning champions are still firmly in the driving seat, AC Milan coach Carlo Ancelotti knows only too well that miracles can happen in football, having been the victim of the greatest fightback in Serie A history.
    <p>Ancelotti was in charge of Juventus for the 1999/2000 season when they built up a nine-point lead with eight games to go, only to lose the title to Sven-Goran Eriksson's Lazio on the final day.
    <p>"Anything is possible as I learned when I was at Juve," said Ancelotti, whose Milan side are well placed to reach the semifinals of the Champions League after their goalless draw at Lyon.
    <p>Juventus coach Fabio Capello is likely to rotate his squad for the trip to Treviso with one eye on the Arsenal match in Turin.
    <p>avel Nedved is unavailable following his red card against Roma, so Adrian Mutu is likely to continue in the Czech midfielder's place.
    <p>Treviso, 14 points adrift of fourth from bottom Udinese, are almost certain for a swift return to Serie B, together with Lecce, Milan's opponents this weekend.
    <p>Inter, five points behind city rivals Milan in third place, entertain Messina this weekend, boosted by their impressive comeback in the Champions League.
    <p>Roberto Mancini's side found themselves a goal down inside the first minute against Villarreal, before goals from Adriano and Obafemi Martins turned the tie around.
    <p>Fiorentina host Roma in what is effectively a play-off for the fourth and final Champions League place.
    <p>Roma coach Luciano Spalletti, whose side trail Fiorentina by a point, admitted there was little to choose from between the two teams.
    <p>"Both of us have done well this season and whoever gets fourth place will have deserved it," he said.
    <p>"This is a game that could go either way, but we will be going all out for the victory. We can't play any other way."
    <p>Saturday: Lecce vs AC Milan (17h00 GMT), Treviso vs Juventus (17h00 GMT), Inter Milan vs Messina (19h30 GMT)
    <p>Sunday (all 13h00 GMT kick-off): Chievo vs Livorno, Fiorentina vs Roma, Lazio vs Empoli, Palermo vs Ascoli, Reggina vs Siena, Sampdoria vs Cagliari, Udinese vs Parma
    <p>
    <><I>AFP</I>

<p>
    楼主新帖
    您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表